Find Your Career at Tridien
Job Title: Strategic Sales Director
Reports To: President
Job Summary: This position is responsible for creating and executing the sales vision and strategy for Tridien’s OEM/CM key accounts, branded/private label portfolio, and ancillary business units, primarily within North America. Primary call points include manufacturers (OEM/CM targets), HME/DME distributors, and acute/post-acute care facilities. Increases overall profitability and market share through growth and optimization of existing and new customers. Creates, communicates and implements sales strategies and tactics, and achieves all sales plan objectives and KPIs. Continually develops and enhances relationships with executives, decision-makers and influencers through sales calls, proactive and responsive customer support, and business review meetings. Drives OEM/CM sales as the primary contributor, but leads a sales team of direct and indirect representatives for other sales efforts. Embodies Tridien’s core values and demonstrates them at all times in interactions with Tridien customers, suppliers, vendors and company personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, manage and develop a field sales team of direct and indirect reps.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan, including revenue and margin targets, strategies, tactics, staffing, timelines, metrics and spending.
- Identify, monitor, report, and drive performance to KPIs; make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide sales leadership through effective communication and daily active coaching; regularly work in the field with sales reps and maintain direct relationships with key customers.
- Develop and execute new customer acquisition and customer retention strategies.
- Actively participate in preparation of Board meeting and executive session materials; participate as requested.
- Maintain a “sales pipeline” of prospects and qualified leads; record communications and progress.
- Create a 6-month rolling plan of quantified new business opportunities; identify potential target customers with input from the President.
- Oversee customer negotiations and the creation of sales quotes.
- Develop and execute a sales staffing plan; revise as necessary to achieve overall plan performance.
- Improve, standardize and document sales processes for training and operational use.
- Coordinate with customer service on order processing, production and shipping; communicate with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Adjust sales territories as necessary to achieve sales goals, to maintain balanced geographic sales areas, and to ensure optimum utilization of company resources.
- Ensure timely and regular reporting from direct sales personnel; track and manage all aspects of sales reports, including trip reports, and review and approve commission and expense reports.
- Support forecasting by providing insights into customer ordering patterns and intentions.
- Work with marketing to create collateral materials and other tools for use by sales personnel.
- Create promotion and incentive programs to drive sales.
- Schedule and lead sales meetings, up to and including national in scope.
- Actively participate in the creation of sales compensation programs; monitor success of compensation programs to drive desired results.
- Collaborate with marketing and customer service to establish pricing by product category, line item and customer segment.
- Support marketing and engineering on product enhancements and new product concepts.
- Communicate with all internal stakeholders about customer issues identified through the sales relationship.
- Teach and coach a professional, consultative sales method, to include probing unmet needs, identifying objections, mastering closing techniques and providing post-sales support.
- Seek and analyze information on competition, market and industry trends, and discern how this may impact the business; communicate findings and plans to management.
- Attend meetings as necessary to promote products, including tradeshows and other educational conferences, field in-services, and one-on-one customer visits.
- Ensure compliance with Tridien’s CRM system.
- Keep executive management informed about any customer, industry, market trend or competitive activity that could impact the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or other members of the executive team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record of increasing revenue and profit.
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lead sales professionals and maximize their productivity.
- Able to prepare and present information for high-level management review, including the Board..
- Able to establish and maintain professional relationships with all levels of staff and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience, preferably in medical devices.
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Job Summary: The Key Account Manager (KAM) serves as the first point of contact for one or more identified customers of Tridien. These are usually large volume customers whose products are provided on an “Original Equipment Manufacturing” (OEM) basis or “Contract Manufacturing” (CM) basis. The KAM is responsible for a variety of administrative and project-related tasks associated with the daily business of these customers, while ensuring timely customer support and effective problem resolution. The position manages order processing, forecasting, pricing updates, complaints, reporting, project management and regular communication to the customer and within Tridien. Embodies Tridien’s core values and demonstrates them at all times in interactions with Tridien customers, suppliers, vendors and company personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and facilitate communications between the customer and Tridien personnel, to include operations, engineering, quality, customer service, materials management, finance and company management; reply to all customer correspondence and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Support recurring and one-time projects, such as “Engineering Change Orders” (ECO), “Supplier Initiated Change Requests” (SICR), new product analyses, SKU updates and business reviews.
- Provide sales quotes and review/process sales orders; regularly check “Electronic Data Interchange” (EDI) system, if applicable, for orders. Provide updates to the customer regarding order confirmation, shipping status – to include “Advance Ship Notices” (ASN), estimated delivery dates and tracking information.
- Support, as necessary, the creation of work orders, invoicing and repairs/parts.
- Communicate pricing updates to the customer.
- Enter complaints into Tridien’s quality management system.
- Support the “Return Merchandise Authorization” (RMA) process.
- Generate forecasts to support inventory planning, and otherwise liaison between supply and demand through report generation, weekly meetings and daily communication.
- Generate and periodically analyze reports from Tridien’s enterprise software system, to include sales history, forecasts/sales trends and open orders.
- Document transactions and maintain up-to-date and complete electronic and hard copy files.
- Attend, and lead when required, internal and external meetings with customer or Tridien personnel.
- Act as the internal “champion” for assigned customers; create a sense of urgency to resolve issues with the highest priority.
- Derive mutually acceptable solutions that meet customers’ expectations while managing Tridien’s business risk.
- Provide customer service to other customers, as necessary.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette/customer relations and PC/data entry skills
- High level of energy and detail-oriented
- Problem-solver using analytical and qualitative skills; displays sound judgment
- Advanced Excel user; proficient with other MS office software applications, to include Word and PowerPoint
- Team player and relationship builder
- Able to quickly learn new processes and work cross-functionally/cross-divisionally, including with plant operations
- 10% travel required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of high school diploma and professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an account management role directly managing a large, multinational company with over $10M in annual purchases from your company.
- Processing orders through a MAS (or closely similar) software system, including EDI integration.
- 10 years in a manufacturing environment with daily responsibility for ordering processing and shipping logistics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present in front of a live audience
- Medical device or healthcare experience preferred
- Experience working in a quality-driven and/or ISO-compliant environment
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: VP Engineering
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives working closely with clients and internal departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management to include planning and execution, establishment of cross-functional team accountability to deliverables, and direct interface with the customer.
- Ensures that project objectives and scope are clearly articulated and shared with appropriate parties through Statement of Work.
- Leads the development of project plans, metrics, deliverables, detailed work plans, and specific tasks.
- Leads the team in identifying assumptions, constraints, and dependencies for the project.
- Coordinates activities of all project team members to meet agreed deadlines.
- Conducts project risk assessments and develops plans to monitor and mitigate project risks.
- Maintains project documentation and coordinates reporting related to the project budget and project change control system.
- Coordinates project meetings including scheduling and documenting of actions and decisions.
- Creates and conducts project presentations; keeps leadership and the project team apprised of progress through routine reports and updates.
- Supports sustainability of achieved project benefits through documentation of a formal hand off process and implementation of control plan.
- Ensures adherence to Tridien Medical policies and procedures.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses.
- Supports the creation of cost benefit analysis for new project proposals.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares with team members. Institutes project related process improvements wherever possible.
- Occasional travel (typically <10%), including car or domestic and international flights.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Project, and other common Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word).
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience with capital equipment design and manufacturing.
- Ability to lead and facilitate problem solving activities.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict and/or communications issues.
- Ability to persuade, encourage and motivate members of a team.
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment to success.
- Ability to interpret and understand technical concepts.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to interact professionally with high level management and customers.
- Bachelor Level of Degree in Engineering, or related technical field of study.
- Demonstrated experience in project management working in a technical discipline and regulated industry; medical device experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ in a technical role including 1 year in a project leadership capacity.
- Experience working with technical concepts and technical resources.
- Experience working in an ISO compliant environment (e.g. ISO9001, ISO13485).